Monday 25 May 2009

Fan van update

A quick update again on Fans in a Van - looks like we have the van sorted out via our fab new editor Jon. Also plenty of responses from various football clubs, but not many good ones I have to say - I will name and shame them all at some point.

One I have to point out in particular. I sent the same email out to 40 or so clubs to ask for memorabilia which will be auctioned to raise money for the four charities. A few have said no promptly, which I appreciate. At least I know where I stand.

But West Brom wanted my address (postal) to respond. Ok I thought, that means they must be sending something. So I gave them my address (which was on the original email, by the way). And they sent me a letter. Saying that they wouldn't give me anything.

What a complete waste of time and paper, when they could have just emailed me that several days before like the other non-participants did.

If I was feeling pseudo-analytical, I would compare their lack of crisp decisiveness and blathering, and their eventual lack of endeavour, with the team's defence. Maybe a vague, ambivalent nature runs through the Hawthorns from back room to back four. In any event, it's all a bit silly.

*Nothing to say about Newcastle - see my blog posting from last year on this.

No comments: