Monday 13 October 2008

Cole Corry

Just bought a block of tickets to Legoland.

Right, now that's out of the way (and don't say it doesn't make you chuckle when you get it) just a quick comment on a few things.

*Ashley Cole is out of the next England match against Byelorussia with a pulled hamstring and bruised ego. Yes, the bad pass for the Kazakhstan goal didn't help, but Cole sums up everything that's wrong with football, and no matter what he does on the pitch his attitude off it will overshadow it. Even £55,000 a week can't buy popularity.

*A little nervous tonight over something that I have to do tomorrow...will tell you if I was successful later in the week.

*Just watching Coronation Street, for my sins. Learning a few tips and bits of info about Stag dos. At the moment I'm not having a best man for mine (not till 2011 so I've got time to change my mind) but whenever I say that I get the strangest looks from people.

The simple reason is that I have no real friends from childhood, or secondary school who I regularly see. I haven't seen any of my uni mates or hourno study mates for years. In short, there is no best man for me. The best man should surely be your best friend, or someone you admire and have fun with above all others. He doesn't exist.

I intend to either do my own speech, or have several best men. A clutch of hardy warriors who've been next to me while I've struggled through thick and thin, and of course all other anatomical descriptions of ex-girlfriends.

We also don't intend to have a top table. In fact, we have so little money, we might not even have a table at all. Or a top. Skins it is then...

*Poland is two weeks away. Can't wait. Somebody said to me the other day: "Why haven't you pact?" I replied: "Warsaw the fuss about?" The first joke has been done, the second is fresh. For you.

No comments: