Saturday 27 September 2008

John Burgundy

Three weeks ago I went on a course learning how to construct video packages for the newspaper. My colleague and I Andrew are still learning the ropes, but you can see a rudimentary effort here:

http://www.spaldingtoday.co.uk/sectionhome.aspx?sectionID=10614

As you can see, the room looks like an underground bunker, possibly in Eastern Europe. As it gets darker, this may be even more of a problem. I have no autocue, so I'm forced to read from a sheet which means my eye contact flickers - not ideal by any means. Also for no apparent reason I talk out of the right side of my mouth, as if my brain is demanding an imminent stroke. Quite why my gargoyle features have decided on this action I don't know.

We are planning a chromakey background - you put up a green sheet, and then superimpose an image onto it, similar to what you see when someone's doing the weather. Ours looks like a James Bond villain lair, with screens showing satellites, news, sport, entertainment, the Moomins, Loose Women, QVC, and Uncle Tom Cobley and all.

Also, check out my Mi Casa and Thoroughly Modern Millie package.



Other random observations and news:

*Heard from Chris Carter, the director of Tulip Radio, that Tulip is going straight for full time in January, without the usual November stint. Also the station will not be on 87.9, annoyingly (87.9 is reserved for temporary licences). The only problem is, we don't know what the frequency will be for another couple of months, giving Chris and Jan (Whitbourne, fellow director) no time to prepare promotions, adverts, stings etc. Ludicrous. sort it out Ofcom.

*P54 of the Spalding Guardian. Top picture, bloke on the front row, far left. Look closely.

*Mosley to win against Mayorga tonight, but to be hurt numerous times. Age must catch up with him soon.

*Nice to see David Haye finally has an opponent in Monte Barrett. Lot's see if the Hayemaker can live up to the hype.

No comments: